Yesterday, I wrote about the fact that it’s strange how certain end users aren’t even willing to pay a more than reasonable price for a great domain.
Snoopy didn’t agree and said the following:
“we moan about someone who will not pay our price yet we’d never pay a fraction of that price ourselves”
Is that true?
In other words, do domainers only believe in the benefits of a great domain when they’re negotiating with end users, yet forget everything when they’re launching projects themselves (so when they’re the end users)?
Are domainers dealing with a “cognitive dissonance” situation by not practicing what they preach?
If that were true then yes, domainers could even be accused of hypocrisy by telling end users how amazingly beneficial a great domain can be, yet not being willing to pay a premium themselves when it’s their turn to be the end user.
So, is it true?
In my opinion, it’s not.
I, for one, love using very good domains for my projects:
1) MegaSites.com (my recently launched development service) was not a hand registration, I liked the domain and bought it
2) VFH.com wasn’t a hand registration, it’s a LLL domain that I liked due to the fact that “Vitality – Fitness – Health” is a great brand for a website about healthy living, so I bought it and turned it into a megasite about just that
3) Articles.biz (my article writing service) was not a hand registration, I thought it represented a good fit and bought it
4) DomainingTips.com was not a hand registration either but maybe this isn’t the best example, since the blog was developed back when I bought it, so it wasn’t a “domain only” purchase
5) AffiliateMarketers.com was not a hand registration either, it’s a very good domain and once again, I bought it
Other domainers feel the same way.
Elliot for example paid a premium to upgrade his domain to DomainInvesting.com and used domains which weren’t hand registrations for some of the other projects he blogged about.
These are just a few examples of domainers you know who gladly paid a premium for domains which represent a good fit for their project(s).
In my opinion, most domainers (the vast majority) practice what they preach and actually believe that great domains are more than worth it. Therefore, I think it’s reasonably safe to say we’re not in cognitive dissonance territoryAdvertisement: DomainingServers.com lets you host UNLIMITED domains at $0.98/month and we're putting a LIFETIME money back guarantee on the table (if you're not satisfied, we'll issue a full refund). To place an order, click HERE.